The effects of time and age are seen in all parts of the human body but its tell tale signs are most felt on the face. In particular changes in the skin around the eyes makes the person look older than he or she is. Due to the loss of elasticity in the skin it is no longer able to support the fat and muscle in the area in an effective manner. Thus resulting in excessive loose skin in the region that causes wrinkling and gives the eyes a tired and exhausted look. Cosmetic eyelid surgery or blepharoplasty is the surgical procedure by which excess skin, fat and muscles are removed from the eyelids in order to tighten the skin and provide the eyes a more youthful appearance. Honolulu, Hawaii is a top choice for people who want to have eyelid surgery done. It is home to world-class plastic and cosmetic surgeons such as Dr. Michael Pasquale who has completed his residency in plastic surgery and gone on to do a 2-year training certificate in cosmetic surgery from NYU Downtown, Manhattan. Laser eyelid surgery is also available in Honolulu, Hawaii and at Dr. Pasquale’s clinic.
Laser Eyelid Surgery in Honolulu, Hawaii
Conventionally eyelid surgery requires incisions to be made at the natural fold in the skin of the eyelid however in case of laser eyelid surgery with the use of the latest hi tech equipment and technology the plastic or cosmetic surgeon performs the laser eyelid surgery. Laser beams are used to make the required cuts. After the cuts are made the plastic or cosmetic surgeon removes the required fat, skin and muscles and uses tiny sutures to close the incisions. In case of the lower eyelid the incision are made on the natural crease of the skin and in the lower eyelids it is just under the eyelashes. For a transconjunctival blepharoplasty the incisons are made inside the eyelid. Laser eyelid surgery can be done in conjunction with other procedures as laser skin resurfacing which could help clear away wrinkles, facelift, brow lift, etc.
Advantages of a Laser Eyelid Surgery in Honolulu, Hawaii
- The incision made by the laser beam seals blood vessels; thus providing the plastic or cosmetic surgeon better access and view of the area. This helps in a faster and more efficient surgical procedure.
- Lack of scarring from the laser eyelid surgery.
- Since there is lesser bleeding in case of laser eyelid surgery there is lesser bruising and swelling and discomfort to the patient.
- Post operative swelling is lesser than for conventional eyelid surgery and this reduces recovery time tremendously.
- Laser skin resurfacing done along with the laser eyelid surgery ensures that wrinkles in the skin are cleared away and provide a better effect.
- Honolulu, Hawaii is a wonderful place to have laser eyelid surgery done as here there are highly reputed and experienced surgeons such as Dr. Pasquale and also Hawaii is a great place to relax in whilst recovering from the laser eyelid surgery procedure.